Drop in advice sessions (no appointment required) take place at The Old Town Hall Market Street Margate on
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 9.30 – 11.30am
Our telephone helpline operates on ( subject to the availability of advisers)
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12.00 – 2.00 and Friday 9.30 – 11.30am on 01843 225973
You can also e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
EDF Energy Trust Money Adviser
A Money Adviser delivers sessions across Thanet. The position is funded by the EDF Energy Trust Fund. They provide help for people facing financial difficulty including advice on debt, budgeting, income maximisation, benefit eligibility & energy efficiency.
They can also help with applications for Charitable Grants from EDF, British Gas and N Power which can help with fuel debt, and occasionally offer some help towards rent arrears, Council Tax arrears, or necessary household items such as cookers, beds or fridges. Each application is assessed independently on its merits, and awards will only be made to Clients most in need.
If you are struggling with debt, or would like further information about applying for a Trust fund please:
- Visit Thanet CAB, Old Town Hall, Market Street, Margate, CT9 1EU, Monday- Thursday 9.30-11.30
- Call our enquiry line: 01843 225973, Mon, Wed and Thur 12-2, and Fri 9.30-11.30
- Email us: email@example.com
- Or visit one of the outreach locations and ask for details of the next session held there.
If you would like help with the completion of an EDF Trust fund application specifically please contact the designated line on 01843 229696 (general enquiries will not be taken on this line)
Joint partnership - Citizens Advice Bureau + Shelter, funded by The Nationwide Foundation
Are you 50 or older, and need help with your debts, welfare benefits or housing?
Save yourself the headache and get FREE advice from our Rural East Kent Over 50s service. Drop-in advice sessions are available, by appointment only. Our advice is free, confidential and impartial.
For an initial assessment, to arrange an appointment or to get more information, please call us on 01843 228083, Monday to Friday between 10am-4pm